ProClub Owns

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Free Cheats for multiple games

ALL [Pro-Club] Public Cheats are updated as of 01/16/17 have fun thanks for stopping by make sure to check out are new site www.proclubownz.com for all your updated news.

I forgot my password

Top posting users this week

No user

3 posters

Smoke in dust2 ?

jamba123
    jamba123

Smoke in dust2 ? Empty Smoke in dust2 ?

Post by jamba123 Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:40 pm

ok so some videos like this one :

If you look at the smoke in the air.... in dust2... It's so dark...

Anyone knows how to do it ?
    Boxxy
    Boxxy

Smoke in dust2 ? Empty Re: Smoke in dust2 ?

Post by Boxxy Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:50 pm

jamba123 wrote:ok so some videos like this one :

change the smoke textures. im assuming your trying to make good looking demos. Well there are tutorials for that.

or to just change smoke look up on how to change skins in css
    jamba123
    jamba123

Smoke in dust2 ? Empty Yes !

Post by jamba123 Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:29 pm

b0xx wrote:
    jamba123 wrote:ok so some videos like this one :

change the smoke textures. im assuming your trying to make good looking demos. Well there are tutorials for that.

or to just change smoke look up on how to change skins in css

Yes I also searched for that black blood ! Thx m8 Very Happy
    jamba123
    jamba123

Smoke in dust2 ? Empty 1 more thing. ? :S

Post by jamba123 Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:30 pm

Do you know how to make my videos look smooth like this 500 fps or whatever :

Post by 1010 Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:49 pm

If you use FRAPS or any screen recording tool to make your TF2 videos, you are doing it wrong. Here's how you can create a video using max graphics settings with constant framerates even if your hardware sucks:

If you haven't already done so, you need to record a demo of the gameplay that you want to create a video from. Do this by typing "record [demoname]" in the console while you are playing and "stop" when you are done. Once you have your demo file, follow these steps:

* Load up TF2 using the settings that you want to show in the video. This includes screen resolution. If you are planning to upload to a low-quality Streaming site, I advise using 640x480 so that it will take less time to render and upload. If you're uploading an HD video to Youtube, use 1280x720.
    * Open up the console and enter the following commands: "sv_cheats 1" and "host_framerate 30" (You can record at a higher framerate if you want a 60 FPS video for editing purposes, but most streaming sites like Youtube use 30 FPS.)
    * Start playing the demo either via the console command "playdemo [demoname]" or the demo ui accessed via the command demoui or keyboard shortcut shift+f2
    * When you get to the part of the demo that you want to record, type "startmovie [videofilename] avi"
    * You should get a pop-up window with a list of codecs to choose from. I recommend using the XviD codecs. If the list doesn't include the codecs you need, you may want to grab CCCP or K-Lite (pick one, you can try the other if it's not working).
    * After you've begun recording the movie, allow the game to play out. The playback will be choppy and look buggy and the sound may loop or be completely muted. Don't worry, this is normal and the finished video will not look like this. Just allow the demo to play until it's gotten as far as you want to record. If you have a lower-end system or you're recording a rather lengthy video segment, this could take awhile, so you might want to find something else to do while the video renders.
    * Type "endmovie" in the console when you are done recording.
    * The resulting AVI file will not be located in your TF folder. It will be put in your "team fortress 2" folder with the name you required, e.g. C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/bobsmith/team fortress 2/mymovie.avi
    * Now you can import the AVI into Windows Movie Maker or whatever program you use if you need to do any further editing.

Now you guys don't have an excuse to upload 10 FPS videos to Youtube.

Some other stuff:

Most problems involving the codec window not appearing can be solved by running the game in windowed mode. Open up your launch options and enter "-windowed -noborder" to enter windowed mode and eliminate the annoying border that usually comes with it. An added benefit to running windowed mode is that you can run the game using any resolution you'd like using "-h" and "-w" in the launch options, i.e. "-w 1280 -h 720". This can be very helpful if your display doesn't natively support the resolution that you want to use.

If you are having trouble with AVI codecs or need to record a long stretch of video, you can use the command "startmovie [videofilename]" instead of "startmovie [videofilename] avi". The difference between the two is that the first one will record a TGA sequence and a WAV file. You can import these into a program like Sony Vegas or VirtualDub and export them as video later, but keep in mind that a TGA sequence will chew up a LOT of disk space.

If you're really serious about TF2 moviemaking, I recommend checking out Quantums Little Config v2.0. I've found it to be highly helpful. If the movie settings in the config are drastically different from the settings you normally use, it might be advisable to rename or move your teamfortress game folder so you can keep two different sets of game settings, one for gameplay and one for recording, as it's a lot easier than manually changing all of your game settings each time you want to record.

More advanced moviemaking tips can be found at the Valve Developer Community Wiki. Le Duc De GuiSe has also made a helpful forum post briefly listing some of the more useful settings to use when recording.

Also note that everything isn't exclusive to TF2, it works for all Source games. You can use this method to create videos for any games that run on the Source engine, like gmod, CS:S, and L4D.
    Boxxy
    Boxxy

Post by Boxxy Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:52 pm

i wonder how long it took him to write all that. well bolo prob c+p that cuz its about css not tf2 xd

Last edited by b0xx on Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
    jamba123
    jamba123

Smoke in dust2 ? Empty thank you

Post by jamba123 Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:57 pm

1010 wrote:If you use FRAPS or any screen recording tool to make your TF2 videos, you are doing it wrong. Here's how you can create a video using max graphics settings with constant framerates even if your hardware sucks:

If you haven't already done so, you need to record a demo of the gameplay that you want to create a video from. Do this by typing "record [demoname]" in the console while you are playing and "stop" when you are done. Once you have your demo file, follow these steps:

* Load up TF2 using the settings that you want to show in the video. This includes screen resolution. If you are planning to upload to a low-quality Streaming site, I advise using 640x480 so that it will take less time to render and upload. If you're uploading an HD video to Youtube, use 1280x720.
    * Open up the console and enter the following commands: "sv_cheats 1" and "host_framerate 30" (You can record at a higher framerate if you want a 60 FPS video for editing purposes, but most streaming sites like Youtube use 30 FPS.)
    * Start playing the demo either via the console command "playdemo [demoname]" or the demo ui accessed via the command demoui or keyboard shortcut shift+f2
    * When you get to the part of the demo that you want to record, type "startmovie [videofilename] avi"
    * You should get a pop-up window with a list of codecs to choose from. I recommend using the XviD codecs. If the list doesn't include the codecs you need, you may want to grab CCCP or K-Lite (pick one, you can try the other if it's not working).
    * After you've begun recording the movie, allow the game to play out. The playback will be choppy and look buggy and the sound may loop or be completely muted. Don't worry, this is normal and the finished video will not look like this. Just allow the demo to play until it's gotten as far as you want to record. If you have a lower-end system or you're recording a rather lengthy video segment, this could take awhile, so you might want to find something else to do while the video renders.
    * Type "endmovie" in the console when you are done recording.
    * The resulting AVI file will not be located in your TF folder. It will be put in your "team fortress 2" folder with the name you required, e.g. C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/bobsmith/team fortress 2/mymovie.avi
    * Now you can import the AVI into Windows Movie Maker or whatever program you use if you need to do any further editing.

Now you guys don't have an excuse to upload 10 FPS videos to Youtube.

Some other stuff:

Most problems involving the codec window not appearing can be solved by running the game in windowed mode. Open up your launch options and enter "-windowed -noborder" to enter windowed mode and eliminate the annoying border that usually comes with it. An added benefit to running windowed mode is that you can run the game using any resolution you'd like using "-h" and "-w" in the launch options, i.e. "-w 1280 -h 720". This can be very helpful if your display doesn't natively support the resolution that you want to use.

If you are having trouble with AVI codecs or need to record a long stretch of video, you can use the command "startmovie [videofilename]" instead of "startmovie [videofilename] avi". The difference between the two is that the first one will record a TGA sequence and a WAV file. You can import these into a program like Sony Vegas or VirtualDub and export them as video later, but keep in mind that a TGA sequence will chew up a LOT of disk space.

If you're really serious about TF2 moviemaking, I recommend checking out Quantums Little Config v2.0. I've found it to be highly helpful. If the movie settings in the config are drastically different from the settings you normally use, it might be advisable to rename or move your teamfortress game folder so you can keep two different sets of game settings, one for gameplay and one for recording, as it's a lot easier than manually changing all of your game settings each time you want to record.

More advanced moviemaking tips can be found at the Valve Developer Community Wiki. Le Duc De GuiSe has also made a helpful forum post briefly listing some of the more useful settings to use when recording.

Also note that everything isn't exclusive to TF2, it works for all Source games. You can use this method to create videos for any games that run on the Source engine, like gmod, CS:S, and L4D.

Thank you bolo
    jamba123
    jamba123

Smoke in dust2 ? Empty Finished...

Post by jamba123 Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:52 pm

I made everything the smoke and blood and the smoothness.... so... It's 240 FPS.... I downloaded a moviemaking some kind of config.... you type in console exec movie and then you get all the commands... It's simple and easy... plus I got very nice render settings Wink thx for all the help... cya

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 10:38 am